Last Updated: August 1, 2022
Personal Information We Collect
We collect a variety of personal information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
If you do not provide your personal information when requested, you may not be able to use our Services if that personal information is necessary to provide our Services or if we are legally required to collect it.
A. Personal Information You Provide to Us.
Subscription Information. If you sign-up to receive updates and newsletters from us, we ask you for certain personal information, such as your name, email address, and phone number.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive personal information about you. For example, when you email us or if you fill out any forms to contact us, we will receive the personal information that you have submitted, such as your first and last name, email address, company, selected industry, phone number, address, and the content of your message.
Careers. If you decide that you wish to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume to us. In addition, if you submit an application to us through a third-party site like LinkedIn, we will collect the personal information you make available to us on LinkedIn.
B. Personal Information We Collect When You Use Our Services.
Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including internet protocol (“IP”) address, web browser type, operating system version, and unique device identifiers.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, when you use our Services, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like log files, performance logs, diagnostic reports, the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, pages you request, the websites you visited before using our Services, and the dates, times, and durations of your visits.
Location Information. When you use our Services, we infer the general physical location of your device and the geographic regions our Users come from. For example, your IP address may indicate your general geographic region.
Personal Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and third-party partners collect personal information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third-party partners, such as analytics partners, may use these technologies to collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services.
Cookies can be used for performance management, collecting information on how our Services are being used for analytics purposes. They can also be used for functionality management, enabling us to make the User’s visit more efficient by, for example, remembering language preferences, passwords and log-in details. We may also use pixel tags and web beacons on our Services. These are tiny graphic images placed on web pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. Below is an overview of the types of cookies we and third parties may use to collect personal information.
- Strictly necessary cookies. Some cookies are strictly necessary to make our Services available to you. We cannot provide you with our Services without this type of cookies.
- Functional cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our Services. This enables us to adapt our content for you, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
C. Personal Information We Receive from Third Parties.
We may receive additional personal information about you, such as demographic information, from third parties, such as partners or co-sponsors of conference events, and combine it with other personal information we have about you.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
We use the personal information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- For marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you;
- To generate analytics about how Users interact with our Services;
- To deidentify and aggregate personal information collected through our Services and use it for our business purposes;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the personal information is collected.
Legal Bases for Processing European Personal Information
If you are located in the EEA or the United Kingdom, we only process your personal information when we have a valid “legal basis”, including when:
- Contractual necessity. We need your personal information to provide you with our Services, for example to respond to your inquiries.
- Compliance with a legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your personal information, for example to comply with tax and accounting obligations.
- Legitimate interests. We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your personal information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your personal information for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your personal information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
How We Share the Personal Information We Collect
We may share or otherwise disclose personal information we collect from or about you as described below or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of the collection.
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any personal information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose personal information about you if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your personal information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through our Services.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. We may transfer your personal information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
Consent. We may also disclose personal information about you or your devices with your permission.
Your Rights and Choices
Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
Do Not Track. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
Your European Privacy Rights. If you are located in the EEA or the United Kingdom, you have the additional rights described below:
- You may request access to the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, restrict or object to the processing of your personal information, have the personal information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your personal information to another company. In addition, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your personal information, at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
We take measures to delete your personal information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this personal information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this personal information for a longer period. When determining the specific retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of service provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
We make reasonable efforts to protect personal information from or about you by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the personal information we maintain. However, as our Services are hosted electronically, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your personal information.
Our Services are hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use our Services from the EEA or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. We may transfer personal information from the EEA or the United Kingdom to the United States based on approved Standard Contractual Clauses, or otherwise in accordance with applicable law. Also, we may transfer your personal information from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating our Services. By providing any information, including personal information from or about you or your devices, on or to our Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Update Your Information or Pose a Question
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please contact us at email@example.com.